Wednesday, March 9, 2011

obsolescent hardware











I tried to make a mini installation for our vending machine project .I vaccformed a nice model of an old computer ,based roughly on a PET machine from the late 70's.I made the model with room enough to fit cheap chinese photo frames that run at one frame a second.I have tried to power the 4 viewers from a 4.5v battery pack ,it seemed to work at first ,but i'm having problems with it ever since,the viewers are unreliable,have a very basic menu,and there seems to be no warning when they're going to switch off.




its driving me up the wall and only one out of 4 actually works for a few hours.




Might have to shelve this one,they are ok to shoot in my movie but to put in an installation theyre not up to scratch..which is a bloody pity ,because they're cool

No comments:

Post a Comment